Except as set forth in this privacy notice, Verity Business Solutions Pty Ltd will not share any personal information about you with anyone.
Collection of Personal Information
Within this website, Verity Solutions may seek certain personal information provided by the visitor for the purpose of sending email newsletters or promotional materials. Information such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, type of request, and any additional information you provide, is collected by Verity Solutions and is used to meet your request. The information you provide is used by Verity Solutions to improve the services we provide to you. Your information is never given or sold to any third parties without your consent.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider, such as AOL or Shaw Cable), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third party advertisements on http://veritysolutions.com.au to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP , the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing New York real estate ads to someone in New York, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
DoubleClick DART cookies
We also may use DART cookies for ad serving through Google’s DoubleClick, which places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing the web and visit a site using DoubleClick advertising (including some Google AdSense advertisements). This cookie is used to serve ads specific to you and your interests (“interest based targeting”). The ads served will be targeted based on your previous browsing history (For example, if you have been viewing sites about visiting Las Vegas, you may see Las Vegas hotel advertisements when viewing a non-related site, such as on a site about hockey). DART uses “non personally identifiable information”. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of this ad serving on all sites using this advertising by visiting http://www.doubleclick.com/privacy/dart_adserving.aspx
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
Verity Solutions will not, without your consent, disclose or transfer your personal information to third parties whether for such third parties’ marketing purposes or otherwise, unless:
- Verity reasonably believes that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent:
- a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life, health or safety; or
- a serious threat to public health or public safety; or
- Verity has reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in, and uses or discloses the personal information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities; or
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
Data Quality of Personal Information
Verity Solutions will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Verity Solutions will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information it holds from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Verity Solutions will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
Access and correction of your Personal Information
Verity Solutions will provide the individual with access to the information we hold on request by the individual, except to the extent that:
- in the case of personal information other than health information—providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of any individual; or
- providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals; or
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious; or
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between the organisation and the individual, and the information would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings; or
- providing access would reveal the intentions of the organisation in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations; or
- providing access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is required or authorised by or under law; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity; or
- providing access would be likely to prejudice:
- the prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences, breaches of a law imposing a penalty or sanction or breaches of a prescribed law; or
- the enforcement of laws relating to the confiscation of the proceeds of crime; or
- the protection of the public revenue; or
- the prevention, detection, investigation or remedying of seriously improper conduct or prescribed conduct; or
- the preparation for, or conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal, or implementation of its orders;
- by or on behalf of an enforcement body; or
- an enforcement body performing a lawful security function asks Verity Solutions not to provide access to the information on the basis that providing access would be likely to cause damage to the security of Australia.
However, where providing access would reveal evaluative information generated within Verity Solutions in connection with a commercially sensitive decision-making process, Verity Solutions may give the individual an explanation for the commercially sensitive decision rather than direct access to the information.
If an organisation or an individual is able to establish that the information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date, Verity Solutions will take reasonable steps to correct the information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Sensitive Personal Information
Verity Solutions will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless the individual has consented; or the collection is required by law.
Verity Business Solutions Pty Ltd
PO Box 578
Cherrybrook NSW 2126