Some my own talk, some heresay. Mostly my own opinion. But, all my own imagination.
* Interesting IT predictions from Gartner for 2011. The entire paper of 30pages costs USD 995. Synopsis here.
- By 2015, a G20 nation’s critical infrastructure will be disrupted and damaged by online sabotage.
- By 2015, new revenue generated each year by IT will determine the annual compensation of most new Global 2000 CIOs.
- By 2015, information-smart businesses will increase recognized IT spending per head by 60 percent.
- By 2015, tools and automation will eliminate 25 percent of labor hours associated with IT services.
- By 2015, 20 percent of non-IT Global 500 companies will be cloud service providers.
- By 2014, 90 percent of organizations will support corporate applications on personal devices.
- By 2013, 80 percent of businesses will support a workforce using tablets.
- By 2015, 10 percent of your online “friends” will be nonhuman.
* An Indian billionaire has built a million dollar skyscaper in Bombay for himself and his small family of 3. Now they can get good view of the slums in Bombay.
* I hope David Cameron’s General Well-Being (GWB) index excludes jobs, income, money?
* If governments are bailed out after mismanging the economy, why are individuals not bailed out for mismanging their finances? Does responsibility end when the money belongs to someone else?